STEM EDUCATOR & RESEARCHER
Select STEM Education Publications
- Bosman, L. & Voglewede, P. (Accepted). How Can a Faculty Community of Practice Change Classroom Practices? College Teaching Journal
- Bosman, L., Duval-Couetil, N., Mayer, B., & McNamara, P. (Accepted). Promoting Entrepreneurially Minded Learning through Online Discussions: An Example for Civil Engineering. International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy
- Bosman, L., McDonald, W., & Paterson, K. (2019). Design, Deployment and Assessment of an Entrepreneurially-Minded Professional Development Program for Engineering Educators. World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education, 17(2).
- Chelberg, K. & Bosman, L. (2019). The Role of Faculty Mentoring in Improving Retention and Completion Rates for Historically Underrepresented STEM Students. International Journal of Higher Education, 8(2).
- Bosman, L., Hammoud, A., & Arumugam, S. (2019). Applying Empathy-Driven Participatory Research Methods to Higher Education New Degree Development. Information Discovery and Delivery, 47(1).
- Strimel, G., Kim, E., Bosman, L. & Gupta, S. (2019). Informed Design through the Integration of Entrepreneurial Thinking in Secondary Engineering Programs. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 19(5).
- Bosman, L. & Fernhaber, S. (2019). Applying Authentic Learning through Cultivation of the Entrepreneurial Mindset in the Engineering Classroom. Education Sciences, 9(7).
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., & Duval-Couetil, N. (2019). Using Photovoice to Enhance Mentoring for Underrepresented Pre-Engineering Students. International Journal of Engineering Education, 35 (1B), 1–10.
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., and Strimel, G. (2018). Incorporating Engineering and Renewable Technologies into the K-5 Classroom through Culturally Relevant Literature and Design Challenges. The Elementary STEM Journal, 23(2), 26-29.
- Bosman, L., O’Brien, S., Shanta, S., and Strimel, G. (2018). Validating the Value Proposition of Engineering Design Problems through Quantitative Analysis. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 78(2), 32-37.
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., & Fernhaber, S. (2017). Introduction to engineering: a constructivist-based approach to encourage engagement and promote accessibility. Global Journal of Engineering Education, 19(3), 237-242.
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., & Winn, R. (2017). How does service learning increase and sustain interest in engineering education for underrepresented pre-engineering college students? Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 18(2), 5-9.
- Winn, R., Bosman, L., & Chelberg, K. (2017). Our HEROs: Engaging and inspiring native engineers. Journal of American Indian Higher Education, 28(4), 44.
- Bosman, L., Winn, R., & Chelberg, K. (2016). STEM recruitment and retention: Student success at the College of Menominee Nation. In: American Indian College Fund (Ed.), Improving Student Success at Tribal Colleges and Universities, 20-29
Relevant Training and Certifications
- 2018 Sitting Bull College and Washington State University: Indigenous Research Methodology Program (Graduate Certificate)
- 2018 University of Michigan, School of Social Work: Mixed Methods Research (Graduate Certificate)
- 2018 University of Massachusetts, Institute for Social Science Research: NVivo for Organizing and Analyzing Qualitative Data (Workshop)
- 2017 American Society for Engineering Education: I-Corps for Learning Smart Start - Designing Impact Driving Projects (Certificate)
- 2017 Stanford d.school: Design Thinking for Educators (Workshop)
- 2017 University of Wisconsin-Madison: Online Teaching and Learning (Professional Certificate)
- 2016 University of Florida - Gainesville: Experiential Classroom - How to Teach Entrepreneurship (Certificate)
- Math: College Algebra, Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus, Calculus I & II
- Statistics: Intro Statistics, Statistics for Engineers, Business Statistics
- General Engineering: Intro to Engineering, AutoCAD, ePortfolio
- Industrial Engineering: Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Quality Control, Engineering Economics, Lean Manufacturing, Management Information Systems